The Dyna-mites usefulness goes way beyond the snappy and aggressive compression it is mostly known and loved for. True enough, used as a compressor it can make you blink involuntarily at every drum hit you send through it. But it can also be used as a highly versatile expander or a full on gate. Even in this day and age of digital recording with all its editing possibilites, a nice expander is still a very useful tool, for example to control microphone bleed in a natural manner. And a good gate still saves tons of time from editing. The gate can of course also be keyed from an external sidechain, which gives a lot of interesting possibilies.
The Valley People Dyna-mite features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode and on top of that, two sidechain modes that let you duck or follow a track. Any way you use it, the Dyna-mite has a very special vibe and flavor.
Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a unique way.
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes).
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering.
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain (where available).
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain.
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping.
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED.
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting.
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode.
For use with VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native, AAX DSP and Console 1.