- The historic EMI/Abbey Road sound from the late 60s realized by Chandler Limited®’s hardware and reimagined for a modern studio context
- This collection includes four plug-ins: Zener-Bender, Zener Limiter, Curve Bender and Zener-Bender for Console 1
- Units used on modern classic records by Beyoncé, The White Stripes, and Lady Gaga
A powerful and musical modern plug-in channel strip with the unique vintage sound of Chandler Limited®, the Zener-Bender combines the crisp and colorful character of the Curve Bender Mastering Equalizer with the big, punchy Zener Limiter to bring class, history, and most crucially of all, a phenomenal sonic impact. Component-modeled with Softube’s customary care and experience, these units together can take charge of any mix.
“In hardware terms, the Zener Limiter and Curve Bender represent our flagship pieces, a formidable duo for those fortunate enough to have experienced their historic character and tone in the same chain… for years, both have been widely accepted by the industry and used on countless award-winning productions; Softube’s combination of both into a single plug-in, with expanded features, is nothing short of spectacular.”Founder and Chief Designer, Chandler Limited®
“The Curve Bender and Zener Limiter are my go-to drum parallel devices for drums in all my mixes. They are both here in one plug-in. The perfect combo for piano sounds. From lo-fi to hi-fi and open, it’s easy to achieve in this all in one plug-in. A great combination for backing vocals as well.”Producer/Mixer/Engineer (Elton John, Beck, Morrissey, The Strokes, U2, Jason Mraz)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer (older OS versions may work but are not tested).
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer.
- Screen resolution 1280×800 or larger.
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account.
- iLok account.
- Internet access for downloading installer and managing licenses.
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins (note that an iLok dongle is not a requirement).
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs – and our own rigorous testing standards – we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Reaper and Sonar. Softube plugins are not tested in the non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required. Therefore, for example, Pro Tools 10.x is no longer supported (contact support for latest 32-bit compatible instalers).
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.