Optimized Dialog – and More!
NOTE: This product requires an iLok (not included) for authorization.
The primary design goal in the development of McDSP’s SA-2 Dialog Processor plug-in was to improve the sound of recorded speech. It does that quite effectively. It’s also a superb de-esser and a dandy multifrequency compressor. Dialog is the focal point of any motion picture, TV show, or for that matter, any production that includes spoken word. When you have a massive, cinematic musical score and hundreds of sound effects tracks, getting every word of dialog to come through the mix intelligibly is not easy. That’s why dialog re-recording mixers rely on the SA-2 Dialog Processor.
Academy Award-winning genesisThe McDSP SA-2 is the software expression of hardware originally conceived by Academy Award-winning re-recording mixer Mike Minkler. This dialog processor (fabled in industry circles) has been employed by Mike on over 100 feature films. Drawing from its hardware inspiration, the SA-2 gives you five bands of strategically active EQ, with a choice of modes that let you efficiently address typical dialog problems. Each band sports a threshold control that determines the level at which the active equalizer starts to affect your signal. Enable buttons for each band make it easy to audition the effect contributed by that band. Also onboard are selectors for controlling the ballistics of the active EQ and for placing the five bands at crucial locations in the frequency spectrum. In practice, it all works very well. McDSP’s SA-2 is an essential tool for anyone who works with spoken words. You can think of its additional functionality as icing on the cake.
McDSP SA-2 Features:
- 5 independent bands of strategically active EQ
- Multiple process modes to suit a variety of applications
- Helpful signal-reduction metering
- Double-precision processing
- Ultra-low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
Work with spoken word? You need McDSP SA-2!
- Software Type:Dialog processing
- Platform:Mac, PC
- Bit Depth:32-bit (AAX Native), 64-bit (AAX Native, AU, VST, VST3)
- Format:AAX Native, AU, VST, VST3
- Authorization Type:iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements – PC:4GB RAM minimum
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.8.5 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 or later