More Than Just Echoes
Eventide calls their UltraTap “the mother of all Echoplexes,” and it’s an apt description. Imagine taking a classic tape-based delay machine and adding as many tape heads as you want. That’s what you can do with the UltraTap. Dial in simple rhythmic delays, sputtering reverbs, pad-like swells, or otherworldly modulation effects taken from Eventide’s popular H9 Harmonizer. Craft exciting drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords, and other evolving effects. You can even tweak sounds in real time using UltraTap’s The Ribbon to morph between settings. With over 150 presets in all, UltraTap injects your DAW with the inspiring Eventide effects that guitarists and synth players have grown to love.
This product requires that you have an iLok account for authorization, although it does not require a physical iLok key.
Multi-tap effects that extend beyond echoes
If you want simple multi-tap repeats, UltraTap can do it — but that’s just the beginning. Use up to 64 taps to create repeats, then smear them together and modulate them into mystical chorused reverbs using the plug-in’s Slurm parameter. Change the rhythmic space between taps with the Spread control, or use the Chop control to generate unusual tremolo effects. You can also use the Width control to modify the stereo image of the taps to alternate from hard-panned to mono, and create drastically changing sounds by assigning the HotSwitch to an alternate version of your current settings. You can even manipulate UltraTap in real time using The Ribbon.
UltraTap — a brief history
The UltraTap algorithm was born in 1982 as a component of the Factory Program Suite included with Eventide’s SP 2016. During the late 1980s, musicians and engineers could find the UltraTap algorithm inside of the now-legendary H3000 Ultra-Harmonizer, then later in the DSP4000 Ultra-Harmonizer and H8000 Ultra-Harmonizer. These days, the UltraTap algorithm is one of the highlights of Eventide’s popular H9 Harmonizer stompbox, which is present on the pedalboards of guitarists and synth players everywhere.
Eventide UltraTap Features:
- Multi-tap effects plug-in with over 150 presets from Chris Carter, Colin Newman, Sasha, and more
- Create up to 64 taps with a total time of over 4 seconds and up to 1 second of pre-delay
- Use the Slurm parameter to smear repeats together and modulate them into mystical chorused reverbs
- Change the rhythmic space between taps with the Spread control to create slow-down and speed-up effects
- Employ the Chop control to generate unusual tremolo effects
- Utilize the Width control to modify the stereo image of the taps to alternate from hard-panned to mono
- Craft drastically changing sounds by assigning the HotSwitch to an alternate version of your current settings
- Control the fade of the taps with the Taper parameter
- Manipulate effects in real time using The Ribbon
- Sync the Length and/or Chop LFO speed to your DAW
- Scroll through presets while keeping the wet/dry mix constant using Mix Lock
- Use The Ribbon and Tap Tempo to change tempo on the fly during a live performance
- Software Type:Multi-tap Effects
- Platform:Mac, PC
- Format:AAX Native, VST2, AU
- Authorization Type:iLok Account Required
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:2.5GHz processor or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements – PC:2.5GHz processor or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.7 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later