The Infamous MangledVerb — Now in a Plug-in!
Eventide’s MangledVerb plug-in, based on the effect found in the company’s acclaimed H9 pedal, delivers a delightful sonic hellscape of deliciously distorted, warped, and twisted reverb. Sonically, MangledVerb ranges from the slight friction of a cello bow scraping over a string to the phased roars of a fantastic beast being spell-cast with a flaming wand. Crank up the Wobble and Overdrive, and hold on. Dial back on the Size and Decay controls for some surprising results.
Eventide: pioneering digital effects for over four decades
In the 1970s, Eventide put digital effects on the map with their groundbreaking Digital Delay and Harmonizer units. In the early ’80s came the first rackmount multi-effects processor, the SP2016. Every studio worth its salt had to have one for its reverbs alone, much less for the other one-of-a-kind effects on tap. The SP2016’s successor, the H3000, introduced a cornucopia of new effects and was the must-have rackmount processor of the ’90s. The H4000 and H8000 followed, introducing the concept of surround sound reverb — which the H9000 takes to even greater heights of stunning realism. Meanwhile, Eventide began porting their effects expertise to the design of high-end guitar multi-effects pedals. And as computer audio began to become a force majeure in music and sound production, Eventide plunged into the software arena with a series of plug-ins emulating their acclaimed hardware.
Eventide MangledVerb Plug-in Features:
- Based on the effect found in Eventide’s acclaimed H9 pedal
- Serves up steaming plates of deliciously distorted, warped, and twisted reverb
- Wobble and Overdrive controls tame/encourage sonic mayhem
- Size and Decay controls for shaping and reality inversion
- iLok.com user account required; iLok hardware dongle optional
- Software Type:Reverb, Distortion
- Platform:Mac, PC
- Format:AAX Native, VST2, AU
- Authorization Type:iLok Account Required
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:2.5GHz processor or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements – PC:2.5GHz processor or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- OS Requirements – Mac:OS X 10.7 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 7 SP1 or later